The Beverly Hilton, one of the grand dame hotels of Beverly Hills, is hosting the Golden Globes this Sunday, as it has every year for the last 41 years. Here are some fun facts about the hotel to share with your fam and friends during the show, which is being hosted by Ricky Gervais.
· The Beverly Hilton has been the home of the Golden Globe® Awards a total of 45 times and for the last 41 consecutive years (1961, ’62, ’71, ’72, ’74-current).
· It takes 30,000 square feet of red carpet to line the driveway and entry of The Beverly Hilton for the celebrity and VIP arrivals show.
· Nearly 1,300 guests will dine and participate in the live telecast of the annual award show
· Nearly 3,000 additional guests will attend viewing and after parties throughout the hotel
· It will take 40 chefs, 110 culinary staff, 50 bartenders and 250 servers working nonstop to deliver drinks, hors d’oeuvres, dinners and desserts to attendees at the show as well as the viewing and after-parties. In fact, all of The Beverly Hilton’s 800 team members will work over the course of the day/evening to support hotel operations, food & beverage and security.
· More than 10,000 silverware and plate settings will be used for the award show, viewing and after-parties.
Needless to say, there are no rooms available at the hotel this weekend. But should you be visiting BevHills in the future, the iconic Hilton is indeed family-friendly. The hotel will hook you up with cribs, high chairs, and a playpen. Children's menus can be found at the hotel restaurants, and kids of all ages will have fun dipping into the Aqua Star pool which was christened by Esther Willams in 1955 and which is where Angelina Jolie jumped in after winning her second Golden Globe award.
The best rooms for families to book would be the Executive Suite in the Wilshire Tower which has a separate sitting area that is actually separated by sliding doors. A studio suite will do for parents traveling with babies, while families with older children can book one of the double double rooms. Rates start around $410 a night, not during Golden Globes weekend obviously.